Friday, May 2, 2008

The Strawberry Cake Incident



So I called a few friends to let them know to expect some delicious treats later Wednesday evening. I had bought the ingredients to make my Grandmother's Strawberry Cake recipe. My Dad had made a birthday request for the cake so I decided to make some extra cupcakes to share with friends. I made the cake, success. I made the cupcakes and the events following led to some disappointed friends and no company to play scrabble with! I swear, I can't keep my word even when I actually try....we are destined to be flakes.

The cupcakes were cooling on the porch railing.




And then they were on the cement. So I went to grab our camera so I could blog about this. And while backing up to take a picture...




My barefoot stepped on this poor dead bird.

No comments: