Friday, May 2, 2008

Help A Friend: Emergency Parfait



I recently read something that said if you wish for positive things to happen to you, you should do positive things for others. This is not a new revelation, I try to live by this mantra. It's just nice to be reminded of this. I mean, I can't complain about not getting phone calls if I don't pick up the phone, you know. I believe that you should put good vibes out into the world so they can come full circle. If you haven't noticed, I cook/bake and give a lot. I do this because I love to share. But I have to say that I am a little worried that my 'cook and give' time is closing in on a long pause when this baby comes.

But for the mean time, I had a wonderful 'cook and give' experience this week. My friend Sam Whitaker, who is also a new mom, made a 8am remark about an empty fridge and a appetite. She was calling to borrow some sugar so she could bake the only ingredients left in the house into delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins (which would have taken at least an hour). So, I packed up the Vegan Cane Sugar and made her a Granola Parfait in an old jar.....something to snack on while baking! I thought it was cute so I took a picture.

2 comments:

wabisabishop said...

brooke, that parfait is lovely. and the fact that it was in a 'bonne maman' jar...well, double goodness, because that jam and those jars are just unbeatable.

but let's get to the real stuff..such as some belly pictures! i wanna see your big ol' baby belly. miss you, lady. truly do, and i think a trip to louisville is going to happen soon...i will give you a heads up1

wabisabishop said...

oh, and that is me, elise.